Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday July 14, 2021 at 00:12
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
I have never posted in this section before. But I have a discussion that I've very curious about and hope this doesn't turn to political (even thou I know politics are probably at the heart of it).

So we are withdrawing from Afghanistan, along with the other last few nations. And almost as quickly as we are withdrawing, the Taliban are sweeping in and taking everything. What seems to be completely running over Afghan forces, even their commandos.

So in 20 f^n years! What has the Afghan military been doing? They have had MORE than enough time to get their crap together and be a real military. Yet... we have this!
I don't want to dump on the Afghan people but it just seems like they don't give a ****. Almost like they WANT the Taliban to rule.
So.... let them have it! I can clearly see we are WAY over due to get the hell out of there.
The Russians spent many years in Afghanistan fighting, we the US have spent many years in Afghanistan fighting, now it looks like the Chinese want to move in (for all the rare Earth metals). Let China chew on that hell hole for a few years and see how they like it.

Some people you just can't save.

Hosting Services by ipHouse