The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Tuesday May 18, 2021 at 10:58
SEMIJim
Long Time Member
June 2006
On May 17, 2021 at 16:47, hdtvluvr said...
And post back about P1Repair as to whether they have a repair kit. It may help others.

If I end up using them, I will.

On May 18, 2021 at 10:15, RandyWalters said...
If you liked the R50 form factor, the MX-450 is the "Pro" version of that unit with a few differences and is a solid Learning Remote. Good used ones are available on eBay for fairly cheap.
As learning Remotes go it was a good upgrade from the MX-500. There are several threads about it here in the Consumer Remotes and CCP forums.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

In the meantime, I found an MX-500 on eBay that is allegedly fully functional and in very nice cosmetic condition, so I bought it.  I guess I'll just go back to looking for nice MX-500's.

Won't solve one problem I have.  I've taught our Apple TVs the buttons I want to use for a certain function, but the MX-500 streams out repetitions of that command very quickly, with no initial pause after the first one.  So it's tricky to use.

ETA: Just received that MX-500 I'd bought off eBay. Seller claimed its cosmetic condition was 8-9 out of 10. He wasn't kidding. This is the nicest, cleanest MX-500 I've bought off an eBay seller, bar none. Not quite LNIB, but darn close.

Last edited by SEMIJim on May 22, 2021 11:35.

Hosting Services by ipHouse