The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Wednesday February 24, 2021 at 17:57
Duct Tape
Loyal Member
November 2008
On February 24, 2021 at 17:50, Ernie said...
URC actually called me back!  And explained my problem!

It does have to do with the two RF inputs being wired in parallel.  Seems that you can have two RFX-250s (and I assume two RFX-250i) plugged in, one using the 3.5mm phono jack and one using the 3-prog phoenix jack without a problem.  However, you cannot mix them - i.e. you cannot have a 250 in one and a 250i in the other.

BUT...you can mix 250 and 250i receivers if you wire them all to just the phoenix plug.  I tried this and now both the 990 and 990i remotes work.  Great!

But, unfortunately, it did not fix the problem of using two remote at the same time like I had hoped. Pressing button on both at the same time still seems to confuse the MSC-400 :(

So, I might try breaking out a second MSC-400 (or a 350 I have lying around) as a slave to see if THAT config will allow it to happen.

ahhh, i forgot about the 1/8" jack.  we always hard wired them so I never had that issue.

yeah, the problem is that the msc400 can only do one thing at a time.  it's not great for using multiple rooms at the same time
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse