The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 31, 2020 at 14:27
Ernie
Founding Member
November 2001
Hi guys.  I know the 400 is getting a bit long in the tooth but it still works well and I have not gotten around to identifying a modern day replacement.  I recently (not sure why it took 10 years) noticed a problem when two remotes are being used at the same time.

My setup - MSC-400 in the closet with 2 RFX-250s.  Serial: Key Digital 8x8 HDMI switch.  IR Sources: 2x Fios box, Roku, Nvidia Shield, Vero (kodi).  Remotes: 2x MX-980s, 2x MX-900.

The problem is that if I press ANY button on two or more remotes at the EXACT same time that route to the 400 via the RFX-250s, it is ignored.  The RFX-250 does light up that it is receiving but the 400 does NOT light up the blue indicator on the front nor does the IR emitter blink.

I have tried various combinations of remotes.  I have IR, Serial, and Triggers on the remotes to send to the 400.  They all work when sent by themselves but not simultaneously with other remotes.

I have also tried using a second MSC-400 that I have as a backup and the result is the same.  I did this is a completely separate location just in case there is some kind of RF interference even though I did not see any indication in any of the RFX-250s.

Is this the expected behavior?

Thanks
Ernie

Hosting Services by ipHouse