The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3,483 made on Tuesday December 1, 2020 at 10:52
Bruce H.Campbell
Long Time Member
January 2007
On October 29, 2020 at 04:17, DJG said...
Have tried LG, Samsung (TV's at different locations with build in tuner), two PC tuners. Conclusion: witchcraft ;)
Thank you.

Ha! yeah, witchcraft!

I'll go with the suggestion that the old legacy tuners are not up to snuff.
The MyHD MDP-130s were made circa 2005-2006 with the first generation ATSC1.0 chips, where even my slightly old HDHomerun tuners still have 3rd generation chips. I've become a SiliconDust fanboy because of the HDHRs network connectivity, but no facility to use a remote control beyond a wireless keyboard and trackball. It would mean losing the freeze-frame, pause and replay of live TV that I get from the 130s once ATSC 3.0 gets here. SiliconDust has already made and released compatible tuners, listed on their website the markets where ATSC 3.0 is being televised. I know Hauppauge has a number of models that come with remotes, but I've seen no indication of available 3.0 hardware. Plus, the Cliff Watson EPG Project software is only compatible with the HDHRs, the DIVCO™ Fusion series of tuners, and the 130s, the latter two long out of production. Though SiliconDust has their own way of doing things as well.

Hosting Services by ipHouse