The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Tuesday September 22, 2020 at 11:08
Robozepp
Lurking Member
September 2003
This support video found at the link below walked me through all the steps to get WMDC to work in Windows10. Once WMDC was operating, my URC MX-980 was recognized and I was able to run the CCP Programming software with no problems! At long last! I hadn't been able to get it to work since WindowsXP.

ALSO: Note that the registry hack utilized during this process (also discussed in the video above) contains a character in the registry hack string immediately after /d that is a "1" (i.e. the number ONE) NOT a "small L". They look the same when typed in a DOS window, but are obviously different. See below:

REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RapiMgr /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WcesComm /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

If you are copying and pasting these strings into your CMD window, it should work fine. I watched the video on my ipad and then tried to re-write the first string into the CMD window on my laptop since I couldn't copy and paste on a different machine. I initially got a syntax error saying /d had an invalid value. But, once I changed the small L to the number ONE, the operation executed succcessfully.

Process accurate and works as of September 2020

Hosting Services by ipHouse