The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday May 31, 2020 at 07:40
audvid
Founding Member
August 2001
I am using a Caledon RCV 5000 IR to RS 232 converter box and their Remote - SC-45.

Caledon IR converter box offers had an acknowledge feed back IR, which flashes when it is accepting the incoming IR.
When press the vol up button #5, the acknowledge IR LED flashes up but only ONCE!

I also have a Huayu IR code detector-display which tells me the IR code received and which beeps while IR is being received by it and it keeps beeping, as long as it is receiving IR signal.

When I hold #5 continuously, on the Caledon remote and/or the MX 780, the following happens:

1. The ack red led flashes ONLY ONCE, on the RCV indicating that it has acknowledged the IR from #5 and the volume changes by 5. detector shows: System: 00FF Data 04 Format 6122

2. When I keep #5 pressed down continuously, it is till emitting IR code, the IR detector keeps beeping, indicating continued IR reception and showing the above codes.. but the ACK Red LED does not flash anymore. It is simply ignoring the continuous burst of IR which is obviously continuing as long as I hold the #5 down - as indicated by the continuous read out on the detector and the corresponding beep.

So, it seems to me.. that maybe there is a burst of "wake up RCV" IR code burst at the beginning of every press of #5 but this "wake up RCV code" does not get transmitted if #5 is held continuously.

How do I get the RCV 5000 to actually accept the continuous burst? I know nothing about the IR codes.

[Link: celadon.com]
Infrared Remote Control: Celadon SC-45 Low Volume Remote Control
Infrared Code Format: NEC - Device ID: 00FF
Infrared Receiver: Celadon RCV-5000 Infrared to RS-232 Receiver
DataSat RS20i Function volume UP-SC-45 Remote Control, supplied by caledon, Button 5
RCV-5000 Output:'@VOLUME +5'

2nd part:
When I try to download into my mx 780, from the database of the CCP, they have two models. The IRC-38 and the Caledon1. Both the caledon IR code models, seem to have the same group 211 IR code set. When I test the vol button downloaded from the database, the Sysem NEC Device ID is now System id : 7602, Data 05 format:6122A. The system ID is different and the format seemsm to be the same but has an “A” after 6122. My friend’s CCP file for his mx 980 has the IR code group 211 downloaded from the urc database but he says it is working – but he had downloaded it years ago. I am guessing that the current database for Celadon, in CCP is wrong, based on the system NEC device ID being incorrect at 7602?

Last edited by audvid on May 31, 2020 07:51.

Hosting Services by ipHouse