The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday March 25, 2020 at 11:35
serdeliuk
March 2020
Hello,

I have created an application for Android which can send custom packets in order to search for RC commands over IR for my STB Vu Solo4K currently supports RC6_6A_32 but can be easy modified.

The android app and the source code can be found here [Link: github.com]

I managed to discover few more buttons than the remote has, however, the goal is to build a remote control with qwerty keyboard.
At some point, the vu company sold a qwerty IR remote control and the linux kernel from the STB has all keys.

This file [Link: github.com] contain all discovered commands, maybe you need them.

Anyone here know at least one code from those qwerty remotes or the protocol used? I do not know the model but i was able to found one on amazon [Link: amazon.es]

Also it seems to be some kind of issues is i try to send RC-MM from Android to an USB DVB dongle, it has an raw ir port if i send aa rcmm command each time it change it's value, i read somewhere that could be from the IR receiver which is not built for 36Khz, however it receive correctly rc6 on same frequency, anyone else saw this behaviour? I am on ubuntu 18lts linux and kernel has the right module for rc-mm as well , while over raw ir i can see the packets changes every time i press same button, through kernel decoding i get random protocol with random values, but most of the time is unable to detect the protocol because there is nothing to decode so badly is different, so every time i press same button the receiver receive other pulse structure and i have doubts that the android ir has something.

Many thanks,

Marc

Last edited by serdeliuk on March 26, 2020 09:59.
init 2 && init 3

Hosting Services by ipHouse