Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 3, 2020 at 19:14
waleslie
January 2020
I currently have an MX-700 remote that is functioning well and communicates with the software via USB to serial adapter. The MX-700 editor is Version 1.12.267.

I also now have two Mx-850 remotes. The first remote was having some issues with button presses not being recognized and having problems connecting to the MX editor, so I picked up a second one that appears to be in excellent condition via ebay.

I also have the specifically MX-850 Editor software. It is Version 1.12.288. Under the Help menu, this version only has options for "Go To Website", "Firmware Version", and "About...". The options for "Update History", "User Guide", and "Live Update" are not present (as they are in the MX-700 Editor software).

If I don't run the MX-850 Editor it as an administrator, I get a "File open error MXSYS.DAT". Running it (on Windows 7) as an administrator makes that error go away.

Both versions of the software seem to interface just fine with my MX-700 remote. Trying to interface with either MX-850 remote results in a communication error code: 102-27UU-0000.

I then downloaded and installed the NM-RX820 Editor software from the file section here. I need to run it as an administrator as well. I seem to get the same results. The MX-700 interfaces fine, the MX-850s give communication errors. Should either/any version of the software work for all the different remote models?

Are the MX-850 remotes just bad/broken/defective? Is there a way to transfer the program from one remote to another? (Could I download the programming to the MX-700 and copy it to the MX-850?)

Hosting Services by ipHouse