Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday November 21, 2019 at 17:46
pete6737
Lurking Member
April 2009
Hi
Today, I downloaded PPENG v2.1.8. The driver was not digitally signed in this version either. I unistalled and tried to reinstall the driver D:\Drivers\WinXP_2K_Me,
with a driver date of 9/19/03, which appears to be same driver that's on the original disc and the only driver to use, other than a windows 98 driver. It did not take...

Is there a newer driver I could use? From looking at the files section, I think this is the latest update...I see a firmware update V3.8.17, I'm not sure how to load that seeing that the remote can't connect to the laptop. I'm not sure it would even help...Not being the most computer literate, I was hoping that someone with a working program to check out if there is a newer driver I could get emailed or something, if that's even possible....

Literally, I have to add 2 components and this remote would be perfect again. I have owned this since 2003 without a single issue. When the laptop that the original program was loaded on died, I lost the ability to change anything. I really hate to dump it for a lesser remote, all because of this driver issue..Researching new remotes, I see that there's few advantages unless I step to a much more expensive controller, which I'm hesitant to do.

Any further help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pete

Hosting Services by ipHouse