Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 123 made on Thursday November 7, 2019 at 19:48
buzz
May 2003
On November 7, 2019 at 11:30, tomciara said...
If you have just now arrived here, the many pages of comments, plus the many, many links, could take you a while to go through.

I have not been following this discussion, post by post, but I have been on the climate change bandwagon since before it was a bandwagon. And I learned long ago that "conventional wisdom" is not always correct.

I'm not sure exactly where I read this (probably a Scout manual), but as a child "everyone knew" that a stream would purify itself in a mile. Because of this I was yawning at the idea that there was a sewer treatment plant emergency because "everyone knew" that the problem would be gone in a mile. In my early teens I was on a low level "puddle hopper" flight. As we crossed over a river I noticed a gray slick entering the river, probably from a sewer discharge. I thought this was a wonderful opportunity for me to see that "mile" in action. I moved to the other side of the plane and observed ... er ... that the gray slick continued to the horizon! That was a turning point for me and blindly accepting "conventional wisdom".

Hosting Services by ipHouse