The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday November 2, 2019 at 13:22
randman
Long Time Member
June 2003
On November 9, 2016 at 07:19, Punga said...
Hi,

Harmony Hub works via HTTP/XMPP API and sends out IR an BT signals - so controlling via Pronto would be possible using prontoscript.

Due to the lack of this special script I now run a harmony-api server script on my raspberry pi and trigger all stored harmony hub activities/device keys via socket calls from prontoscript...

But a native prontoscript solution would be more nice...

Cheers,
Punga

Source:
[Link: github.com]
[Link: github.com]

Reviving old question here.... I just recently got a 2019 NVIDIA Shield TV Pro, which only accepts bluetooth commands. It has no IR receiver. I got it working with a Flirc USB, but missing a command. I do have a Harmony hub, but my Pronto TSU9400 is what I use and want to continue to use.

Using the Harmony HTTP/XMPP API seems to be a way to use the Harmony hub as a "bluetooth" bridge, to go from Pronto TCP=>Harmony hub=>Bluetooth device. Getting this to work would provide more control for the Pronto.

I just started looking at the Harmony HTTP/XMPP API. Still need to do more research. Meanwhile, for anyone familiar with it, some questions:

1. I'm wondering if it's better to have the TSU9400 use Prontoscript to talk to the Harmony hub directly (I assume via com.philips.HttpLibrary??) or is it better to run a service in a Linux box that runs 24x7 which is used between the Pronto TSU9400 and the Harmony hub. Maybe running a Linux service will allow it to be connected all the time to the Harmony as opposed to having the Pronto keep reestablishing connection to the Harmony?

2. If a Linux service is the way to go, any suggestions? This was mentioned earlier: [Link: github.com] . Any other suggestions for other Linux services (node.js based service would be nice), or start with this?
Would Prontoscipt then just use socket.write, socket.read (I suppose it depends on the service).

Any other suggestions?

Hosting Services by ipHouse