The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Tuesday October 15, 2019 at 19:29
randman
Long Time Member
June 2003
Thanks, Lyndel. I suppose I could have started a new thread, but I was interested in the IRUSB, which Barry mentioned earlier in this thread.

Unfortunately, the latest Shield TV (from what I gather is the "2017" Shield TV) no longer has a built-in IR receiver. There was, at one point, a 2017 "Pro" version, which had a built-in IR receiver, but the "Pro" version is no longer sold either. The Shield TVs that can be bought now only do Bluetooth.

So it looks like the only way to use it with a Pronto is to use flirc or IRUSB or some other USB stick. Or, maybe use a Harmony Hub and have the Pronto learn the Harmony's IR commands and the Harmony Hub will translate it to Bluetooth (aside: I bought 2 Harmony hubs two years ago. I set one up in the bedroom, but I only use twice a year when I can't find the Pronto, and the 2nd Harmony hub is in my theater room, but it has never been setup).

I heard back from the IRUSB folks. I can use TCP to talk to it (like Barry mentioned). I'd need to brush up on TCP with Pronto script. Last time I did this was with TCP to talk to a TiVo. Or, use IR. According to IRUSB folks, I can teach it whatever IR commands I want, and if so, I may as well use the codes that you provided above.

Hosting Services by ipHouse