Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday October 15, 2019 at 13:52
Mat5387
October 2019
I am changing a remote out on an older system and currently having trouble getting the new remote to perform all of the necessary functions. The LCD on the 880 died and necessitated the swap.

Old remote MX 880
New remote MX 890

This setup includes an MSC 400, Russound CAM 6.6, Tuner and a 6 disc cd player. The MSC communicates with the Russound via RS232. I'm pretty sure my issue is in my programming but I can't seem to identify where. This is also my first time programming a remote with a MSC 400.

The new remote is setup very similar to the previous. Essentially each room in the home has a button on the remote associated with a zone on the Russound, once a room/zone is chosen the remote jumps to another page where a source for the room can be chosen. The system works flawlessly in zone 1 however in zone(s) 2-6 the system will only works when source 3 is selected, source 2 is dead air and source 1 actually initiates an all off command for the Russound.

All of my hex commands came from the Complete Control software. I find it odd that the system works for Zone 1 without issue partially operates the other zones but the methodology to program all zones is identical.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Is there an alternate source to find the serial commands needed to operate the Russound?

Hosting Services by ipHouse