The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 68 made on Saturday September 14, 2019 at 12:22
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On September 8, 2019 at 18:34, djy said...
"I am not implying it is a 'pollutant'".
And yet you associate it with Carbon Monoxide poisoning and smog.

first from the get go I said
On September 7, 2019 at 11:46, Anthony said...
3) it is not just CO2 it takes center stage

you are the one that focuses on CO2 and so I reply with it taking center stage.

but to reply to your assertion more directly, as long as conditions don't have a CO2 issue our breathing is not an issue and I don't see it as a pollutant. On the other hand other forms of creation of CO2 for example like burning coal or cars that produce both CO2 especially in densely populated area then I do associate CO2 with the others and call it a pollutant. In a way take it this way three guys enter a bank and steal money at gun point, there is a fourth guy in a car waiting for them to come out and drive them away. That 4th guy is not just a driver, he is a
bank robber as well even if he did not enter the bank.

"Yes, there are times when we can have too much of a good thing.”
Indeed, but how much CO2 is too much? Which, of course, rather presupposes the increased level of CO2 is a problem.

any amount that messes with stability IMHO.

Is it [the level of atmospheric CO2] important?
Your previous comments appear to suggest you do, hence the question.

sorry should have been clearer I was asking why the label is important not the amount of CO2

"Let's assume you are righty and the high levels of 200M years -150M years ago for example should be what we consider "normal" does it matter?"
The Medieval Warm Period is, I believe, a little more recent, hence the continuing efforts to undermine its significance.

it might be more recent but you talked about "normal" there were times when CO2 was over 6k ppm and maybe even over 7k, 200M years -150M it was around 2k, when looking superficially at the dat I thought it could be classified as "normal" and what came after it a drought.

Why don't you tell us what you feel is "normal" and a "drought" .

"For me it is not about what is normal or natural."
Then what is one arguing about?

stability.

Hosting Services by ipHouse