The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 48 made on Sunday September 8, 2019 at 11:32
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On September 7, 2019 at 20:46, djy said...
That CO2 is a greenhouse gas is undeniable, but without it and/or the greenhouse effect, life on Earth would not exist. How one can then claim it is killing people (particularly as it's aiding in planetary re-greening and record crop production) is beyond me.

first of all when I said kills people I did not mean on the "global warming" side of it but on the more simplistic side. What would happen if you start your car in an enclosed room? why do we have smog alerts? CO2 but the other stuff that are part of the same process.

As for your point , it does not make sense you are assuming exclusivity when it does not need to be that way. You can't without water, but hold your head under water for long enough and you will be dead, you can't live without salt and some herbivores will travel miles to salt licks and some birds eat salt chucks but too much salt in your diet is detrimental to your health.

You, I and every other animal create CO2 by breathing the question is do we need a lot more of it (like burning stuff)

Thus, one has to ask oneself, in the vast, chaotic complexity of the Earth's climate system, can a minor atmospheric trace gas really be a control knob? Try as I may, I just cannot see it.

absolutely, that is why the expression the straw that broke the camel's back. there are many examples where something is balanced and just a small change has a large effect.

Hosting Services by ipHouse