The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Saturday September 7, 2019 at 11:02
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
On September 2, 2019 at 17:13, tomciara said...
So, to take your thought a step further, when money and favors is the name of the game, how is it possible for a thinking person to claim one party has more integrity than the other, unless you make that claim with some political bias?

Just thinking.

where did I say that I think anyone has integrity? my point was anyone with integrity can't make it in this game.

But what you are really missing is that it is not Black and white but a millions shades of grey. Lets take a simple example Tim asks Tom how he is doing and Tom says OK, is that a lie if Tom feels like he is starting a cold? yes, but we call that a small white lie because for the most part people asking "How are you doing?" are not looking for imaginary or real minor problems.

Same thing with politics I would really care if the favour is to make it legal to torture and kill Remotecentral.com members and I would not want that person in power. On the other hand if my neighbour wants to change the zoning laws so t they can sell cakes from a stand on the street then I would fully back that favour because she is an awesome baker and it would be convenient not to have to go further to buy a cake.

but the truth is you can decide no to vote because they are all corrupt and none of them have integrity (and then shut up because you are part of the reason that person s in power) or hold your nose and vote for the person that will hopefully enact stuff that you think will be best for you.

Hosting Services by ipHouse