The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday March 5, 2019 at 09:59
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On May 21, 2018 at 15:59, Tom Friend said...
Like a number of others recently, my Elite + Hub has failed due to a recent "update" from Logitech. The fact that these failures keep getting deleted off the Logitech CS web site has me thinking that I need to find a new vendor for my next attempt at a reliable universal remote.

My needs:
  • Home Theater
  • Home Automation

I want to turn everything on/off with a single remote, including lights. Must support:
  1. DirecTV
  2. Denon THX
  3. Sony & LG TVs
  4. Sony BluRay (latest 4K)
  5. Lutron lighting bridge
  6. Amazon Fire TV would be great if a microphone is present
  7. Voice commands with Alexa would be nice, but not essential.
Before this latest disaster with Logitech my wife's biggest gripe with the Elite is the lack of number keys. They had been present on the previous models. Somehow taking them off was considered an improvement.

I'm not afraid of coding, but buggy tools do drive me batty. I can code in C, CPP, Java, and any number of scripting languages. I did lots of my own Pronto UI design years ago, and I do apps for Windows, Linux & Android in my day job.

Anyone have any suggestions?

In case you're still here (to some extent), they didn't eliminate the numbered buttons, they were moved to the touch screen and if you had favorites, you can set those pretty easily, too.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse