The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3,412 made on Thursday November 1, 2018 at 11:10
Peter1980
Lurking Member
October 2018
I'm back with one more question/requet for help.

I've got my db8e on a tripod on my (single story home) roof - aimed at the CN Tower (using my TV Fool report and the compass on my iPhone)

I've got decent results, and can get Channel 5 (RF 20) CBC (and the CBC French channel 25) solid pretty much all of the time. TVO on channel 19 is pretty strong but I get a lot of digital garbage (not sure what that's about yet) Global (41) comes in well when it's dark, and CITY (44/57) and OMNI (40) both come in when they want to at night.

The channel that I'm not getting and don't quite understand right now is CTV2 CKVP channel 42 from Fonthill. I can get it with an indoor antenna at my office 6 miles away (and 11 floors up) and at home not even a blip for signal strength, nothing at all. This one is actually the highest on my TV Fool report. I realize I'm not pointed exactly at them (TV Fool says 42 is at 293 degrees and I'm pointed at 329 degrees for the CN Tower) but I'd think I'd at least see something for this station.

I was hoping to get some sort of CTV. I may invest in something better than the VHF retrokit I have now to try for Channel 9 CFTO but shouldn't I be seeing something on 42?

Edit: If it helps, here is my TV Fool report

Last edited by Peter1980 on November 1, 2018 13:27.

Hosting Services by ipHouse