Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday June 13, 2018 at 12:11
Twelfth Monkey
Long Time Member
November 2016
Hi

Is there an idiot's guide to this?

I have tried using the extender discovery tool, but nothing happens.

I have then opened a project, gone into systems properties and added a wireless network, stand alone and added the extender in accordance with the settings on the back, namely stand alone, setting 1 and extender ID 0. I've then saved this and downloaded to device, but it just sending IR from the unit. IR emitter is connected to port 1, as per the configuration file. Have tried more than one IT emitter plugged into that socket. Oh, and have tried with and without the IP address on the back of the RFX. Both power and wifi LEDs are green and my laptops can see and connect to the extender's wifi network.

Oh, and in the settings on the remote itself, it is showing a network with mac and IP entries as well as a little RF icon top left that I don't recall seeing before. The IP address isn't the one on the back of the unit.

I did try configuring the RFX in network mode too, but that didn't seem to work. It feels as though in stand-alone mode, the remote and extender are connecting.

But it isn't working, so any help greatly appreciated - feeling quite frustrated! I get the impression I'm missing something small, or that I am just woefully out of my depth...

Oh, and the IR emitters aren't the twin-ended type in the manual. Could that be an issue?

Cheers!

Last edited by Twelfth Monkey on June 14, 2018 05:02.

Hosting Services by ipHouse