The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 41 made on Thursday May 10, 2018 at 23:40
cotrevor
Lurking Member
May 2018
On July 2, 2012 at 10:32, TRCGroup said...
When you download the software from an unauthorized site, it is STEALING, and you are a thief. The only place you can get the software legally is from RTI.

It's easier to just steal it off the internet than to pay to have your remote programmed, but you would rather do it the easy way. When you go to the grocery store and get a cart full of groceries, do you just walk out without paying for them? After all, that would be easier than waiting in line to pay for them. No, you stop and pay for them because you don't want to get arrested and goto jail.

The only reason you feel it's OK to take software, and I'm sure movies and music, online illegally, is because you don't fear getting punished for your actions. The crime is the same, but the punishment is not.

With those groceries, I would take them through the self check-out and pay making them mine, I may not be able to cook all of them correctly but I still paid for them and should be able to do what I want with them within my home for personal use.

I paid for the RTI license and the equipment, I shouldn’t have to be dependent on a third party any time some little problem needs to be fixed or something needs to be changed. If I don’t have the skills/understanding to correct the problem then that is a whole other scenario. But getting access to the software that is capable of programming the RTI equipment I legally own should not be so challenging and is the focus of this post. The software does no good without any cooresponding equipment. So I’m not sure what set you off, but no one said “I stole a bunch of RTI equipment and now I want access to the software to program it.”

Hosting Services by ipHouse