The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday April 6, 2018 at 21:57
Roti
Long Time Member
July 2008
Like a number of Pronto refugees, I've also primarily used CommandFusion for a while now, (for all the things I used a Pronto for and more), although I still keep my Prontos arround, as there is still no beating hard buttons.

I case anyone is interested in other alternatives, I'd also recommend having a serious look at The Home Remote (http://thehomeremote.com/).

There is a similar Designer desktop application (which gets [auto] updated very frequently - ie sometimes a couple of times a week) and run time apps for iOS, Android and Windows UWP (even including Windows phone [RIP] and XBox), as well a fully functioning simulator (for all platforms) in the desktop Designer app.

It seems to have been initially built primarily to support RESTful / web type interfaces (which are a lot more common in modern devices now), but after some requests from users, the author has added TCP/IP support, with full JavaScript support, event triggers, etc.

Some of the paradigms are a bit different, so it may take a while to get your head around, but there is an active community and the developer (Bill) is very helpful with any problems. One challenging issue is that the rapid development has markedly outstripped the documentation, although a lot of the formatting, Regex, Javascript and concepts are very Microsoft centric (which is fine as they are well documented in MS developer info). Management of the graphical assets can get a bit labour intensive (ie nothing really like the Galleries in Pronto or CommandFusion yet), but is still very flexible, more like what you see in MS Visual Studio, and conceptually supports grid based layouts for adaptibility between different device screen sizes.

Since the TCP/IP and JavaScript support was added, I've been able to replicate anything I had done on other platforms with this. There is also "canned" autoconfiguration support for lots of devices, with more getting added all the time (although I've never actually used this). There is also support for the various voice control APIs on the different platforms.

With the working simulator, client apps for ALL platforms, and at the current attractive price of FREE, I think this is really another one to watch and I'm hoping it succeeds.

Hosting Services by ipHouse