The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday September 10, 2017 at 15:31
WhatsInAUserName
Lurking Member
September 2017
I strongly recommend against getting the Neeo, I have one and after almost a week of back-and-forth with with their tech I still can't use the remote. While my devices are "supported" the commands don't match the functions of any of my gear, I can't switch any of the inputs on my HDMI switches, AVR, or TV, and that's after several days. The remote can't learn custom commands. Any adjustments (that so far haven't fixed the remote), take about 24 hours for them to make on the server side before I can update the remote, only to learn that they didn't fix the issue. There currently isn't a way to learn commands. The remote, while a nice bit of physical manufacturing, crashes often, the UI is very glitchy, and though I haven't gotten it to the useable point to try it long enough to get a good sense, it seems like the battery drains very quickly. There also isn't an IR transmitter on the remote. My impression is that the company has a high likelihood of going out of business, and when it does, I suspect the remote will be undateable, and perhaps unusable. It was 2.5 years later that it was supposed to hit the market, and many other remotes have more functinoal, mature offerings. Avoid this remote.

Also, they call the devices that they can't work with "stupid" in the UI, even though remotes that I've had over a decade ago work fine with much of the gear I have.

Hosting Services by ipHouse