The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday August 10, 2017 at 18:37
Legravin
Lurking Member
March 2003
On February 13, 2011 at 14:11, jbroses said...
Error 0070: segger-module: initialization failed!

I feel like I am raising the dead by re-opening this thread. But, I haven't made any changes to my Pronto Neo in over 10 years. I have upgraded/replaced several components in my home theater system, and I now want to update my remote.

I am getting the the same Error 0070 that jbroses reported.

I am using the same USB-to-Serial interface that jbroses was using. I am running Win7 64 bit Pro. The serial port comes up as COM3. I use this same interface to program a Uniden scanner so I know it works.

Based on posts on RemoteCentral and elsewhere, I have tried all of the following:
- Uninstall NeoEdit, clean registry of all remaining Philips entries, reinstall NeoEdit
- Run NeoEdit as Administrator
- Run NeoEdit in WinxP SP 3 compatibility mode
- Verified COM settings are 9600, 8-bit, no parity, 1 stop bit, Xon/Xoff
- Tried reducing the number of buffers
- Tried disabling the FIFO buffers
- Updated Java to latest version
- Installed brand new batteries in the Neo
- Have done multiple resets on the Neo

In every case, when I try to upload from the Neo, I get the window saying it is Uploading, and then after several minutes I get the 0070 Segger Module:Initialization Failed error message.

I really like the large screen on this remote and hate to give it up, but if I can't communicate with it from my PC, it's of no value to me.

Does anyone have a Win7 64-bit Pro system successfully communicating with a Neo? If so I would really like to pick your brain to see what you have done to get it to work.

I would appreciate any help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse