Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday July 25, 2017 at 14:38
raiders_fan94
Long Time Member
September 2002
Hello all,

I know this is an old remote, but it still works for me and is still better than the Harmony. I just moved and now have an equipment closet. My problem is this:

When using the RF extender, the DishNetwork box that I use works only intermittently. The other devices work nearly flawlessly, but the DishNetwork box is terrible and makes TV almost unwatchable.

I'm using learned codes and they work perfectly when in IR mode. I've also tried the default codes in the database. I've tried Dish Network 0802 (which seems to match up in performance to my learned codes), Dish Network 1032, Dish Network 1197, DishPro 0802, Dish Pro 1032 (those last two are probably the same as Dish Network 0802 and 1032) and Echostar 1198. Only 0802 seems to work in any capacity at all.

For the record, the box is a Dish Network 722.

Do I need to play with the duration?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

UPDATE: I started playing with angles and discovered that if I turn the extender so that it's not facing directly into the DishNet box, the responsivity improves greatly. I'm going to assume that the power of the blaster is too much for the DishNet box to handle. Does anyone know how to attenuate the IR coming out of the extender?

Last edited by raiders_fan94 on July 26, 2017 01:13.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hosting Services by ipHouse