The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday March 30, 2017 at 15:20
Bruce H.Campbell
Long Time Member
January 2007
On March 29, 2017 at 12:17, the-one said...
If you want to record then a PVR Box is probably the best way to go. I haven't seen any real good OTA receiver that works well to pull in a good signal. Channel Master has a couple of tuners but they are expensive. One has a harddrive that you can record but there are some flaws with it. The reviews are not promising.

Try building one, the PC doesn't have to be new, my two favourite tuners,ATSC, the MDP-130 and Fusion 7 are long out of production, but Hauppauge still has great ones and the HD Homerun series are made to run on anything, put that old single or dual-core to work! An old Pentium III collecting dust somewhere would be ideal, simple and cool-running.

Any old copy of 2000 Pro (no activation hassles) or XPPro, chopped down by nLite into a quicker boot time is all you need, pick up a hack, if you're worried about licence hassles. Security is no problem, all a hacker will see is your TV shows or add a simple firewall like Outpost available at Majorgeeks.com. Try it, plus you'll have the pride of saying "I did it myself". There are a plethora of on-line TV guides available, its up to personal choice and if you want automatic scheduling, Schedules Direct, is still just 25$ a year but does require set-up.

Advice over at ;
[Link: avsforum.com]
which is just my bookmark but go to the top and hit "HOME" or "FORUMS" and search for the products you're interested in or the home builder threads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse