The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday March 10, 2017 at 10:51
JBCessna
Lurking Member
March 2017
I am piggybacking on this post because it is so similar.

We've had the DVD player/recorder for a while now and it's worked fine, Then all of a sudden things went south. It's a Toshiba DVD Video Recorder DR570KU. The TV is a Samsung. We are out in the country in Wisconsin and so just have an antenna hook up (thus the difference - no cable tv). Another difference is that I have no sound.
The TV does detect the Toshiba. When the appropriate source is picked the Toshiba Welcome screen comes up and then the screen turns blue (but it does tell what channel I'm on and if I have a DVD in the player it will have the bars that indicate that it's loading).
So all I have right now is the antenna in (coming from the antenna) and out on the player (going to the antenna in on the tv). I have the HDMI cable connecting the tv and the player.
The Toshiba WILL play DVDs. The screen on the Toshiba indicates what channel I'm on.
If I have the blue screen up and a channel selected and hit record, then play back the 'recorded' thing - it's grey static with static noise.
I've used a different HDMI cable that I know works with no luck.
I've tried not going through the HDMI cable and just using the RCA video cables (looked at the manual to hook it up: video and audio out on the Toshiba and in on the tv) - no luck. I've tried both the HDMI cable and the RCA video/ audio cables.

I went to Best Buy to pick up a new one and they don't even make these any more. They said I needed to get a TiVo for $400. I just have one show that I keep missing because I have to take my daughter to volleyball practice - I don't want to spend $400.
So I went to the Pawn Shop and got a sony player/ recorder (doesn't use an HDMI though) and hooked it up using the colored cables - same problem! That's when I realized it might be just hooked up wrong or ???

Ernie - you helped the other guy to simply, do you have anything for me??

Hosting Services by ipHouse