The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday March 1, 2017 at 16:10
ChrisLT
Lurking Member
March 2017
I only just got an RU950 last week so am still learning. But this seems to me to be a major limitation. The hard keys 'know' which device you are in but not which page. So they cannot be used for anything that needs to behave differently depending on which page you are on. Take the OK button. It might send a code for 'OK', then jump: from a TV-Guide-Categories page it should jump to a TV-Guide page, whereas OK on that page should jump to a Watching-TV page. But the OK hard key cannot know which page to jump to unless these are in different 'devices'.
These three pages could all be combined into one, but it would have to have a lot of buttons that are specific to different situations, it seems to me. Perhaps it could use tabs to hide irrelevant buttons while making them available when needed, on demand. In effect, the user is performing the jumps.
Alternatively, every such page could be put in a different 'device' in the pcf file. Not a problem, just inconvenient.
Am I missing something? What do others do? Am I trying too hard to minimise button presses?
Chris Lusby Taylor

Hosting Services by ipHouse