The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 190 made on Friday October 21, 2016 at 07:54
Bruce H.Campbell
Long Time Member
January 2007
I knew Millennials had short attention spans, but there is some truth to the above. As a downloader, I'm adapt at finding the content I want, even the pay crap. Even willing to wait for the d/l to complete, though its not as bad as it was in the old days, used to have to leave the download manager running all night and part of the day and set to have it close and shut the PVR down while I was out of the house, patience rules!
Though the network did move the broadcast times of Braindead, around sports schedules and politics. This is where timeshifting is the most favoured feature.....people who stream want instant gratification.
If you're an old fart like me, who started in 1980 building Sinclair ZXs and Heathkit short waves, you are a natural tinkerer, sadly few of the M crowd have an interest in that unless they are a gamer. In that crowd it becomes a sense of pride to build the most bad-ass desktop rig they can afford. The majority go to laptops and tablets, they only have the desire to be users, not admins. Me, when I can afford it, enjoy the challenge of DIY. However, I too have the urge to constantly check listings, some even take it further and pay a subscription to schedulesdirect.org and with a piece if software, tie it into their PVR utility, so they never miss a show, completely unattended.

Last edited by Bruce H.Campbell on October 21, 2016 08:46.

Hosting Services by ipHouse