Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Friday January 29, 2016 at 18:54
Shaner
Long Time Member
October 2012
This is my cheat sheet I created.

To extract individual files from a ColFile.vfd (example: URC CCP default images):

the .vfd program is in a VFD folder in the C:\ directory. In there, I created a folder called test. I also copied a .vfd file and renamed it test.vfd.

open a command prompt and type cd.. until at the C:\> prompt. type cd VFD for the VFD directory (ex. C:\VFD>). type VFDTools.exe -x "C:\VFD\test" "C:\VFD\test.vfd"
- VFDTools.exe -x (-x is the command to extract) "C:\VFD\test" (this is the destination directory folder) "C:\VFD\test.vfd" (this is the filename of the .vfd file to extract)

To pack individual files into a .vfd file

if the extracted files (images) are in a folder called test and I want to create a .vfd file called test2.vfd:

open a command prompt and type cd.. until at the C:\> prompt. type cd VFD for the VFD directory (ex. C:\VFD>) type VFDTools.exe -p "C:\VFD\test" "C:\VFD\test2.vfd"
-VFDTools.exe -p (-p is the command to pack) "C:\VFD\test" (this is the source folder of individual files) "C:\VFD\test2.vfd" (this is the desired filename for packed .vfd file)

Hosting Services by ipHouse