The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 8, 2016 at 19:37
hermv2000
Lurking Member
January 2016
I had to replace my dying Bell 2700 remote so I ordered a refurbished unit. It works well except the volume doesn't do what it should. On my old remote, the volume control adjusted the receiver volume, i.e. when I pressed the volume controls the 'satellite' light on the remote would illuminate and the volume would go up or down. Same with the 'mute' button.

On the new remote when I press the volume control, or the mute button, the 'TV' light on the remote illuminates. But, it doesn't control the volume on the TV either, so I have to use the remote for the TV itself to control the volume. The TV is a fairly recent RCA 29 inch flat screen.

Thinking I had received a defective unit, I ordered another from a different source, same problem, pressing the volume buttons illuminates the 'TV' light on the remote and nothing happens.

I have tried various methods for 'programming' the remote and have read the Bell express vu manuals from front to back but nothing addresses the problem.

I have no desire to buy a more modern receiver, this one works fine. It's just the remote that's giving me grief.

Any ideas of how to get the remote to control the receiver volume as it should?

Thank you,

Herman
Herman Veenendaal

Hosting Services by ipHouse