The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Thursday January 7, 2016 at 11:03
oz123
Lurking Member
January 2016
First time reply to any postings on this forum, have been an avid reader of many posts as I have been searching for ways to *ditch* my Prodigy (crestron) environment due to horrible dealer issues. The reason I felt compelled to answer this particular thread vs others is ... YES as a home user (not a dealer, nor an installer) I have started using the manufacturer provided apps for my devices connected to my home theater. All of my devices (cable box, Apple TV, Sony Receiver, Sony TV, and XBOX One) are networked, have their own apps freely available on the app store and as such I do not require the use of my Prodigy PMC-2, and PTX3 remote- again mainly due to horrible support issues with my dealer that made me start searching for alternatives.
I voted with my finger (grin), and started using those apps. Granted the apps are individualized for the manufacturer component vs the PTX-3 remote that bundled everything from a programmatic standpoint, but I have faith that I will find some piece of technology that will allow ME to program my systems and bundle them back together in a much cheaper and controllable fashion than what my dealer offered. Because is that not what we strive to achieve, control? To re-use from The Matrix, I took the red pill and un-plugged.

Hosting Services by ipHouse