Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday January 7, 2016 at 08:13
Kenvw
Lurking Member
January 2016
thanks again mdavej,
I believe I got a satisfactory fix last night. I still couldn't get the codes to work. but what I did was this. (we watch cable the most)
I copied the cable box to the aud function button. at that point they worked identical. I then taught the vol+ & vol- buttons from the vizio remote and now we can adjust the volume, change channels, get menu & guide all on one function button. I still cannot turn it on/off. no codes worked and it wouldn't accept the teach on that command. but that's really not a show stopper.
one thing that remains to be seen is that now that volume is controlled by the RCA remote, it is much more sensitive than the vizio remote. you have to tap it ever so quickly to step volume up a notch. if you hold the button down for even 1/2 second it will shoot to full volume instantly. I think I can get used to this but my wife & grandkids i'm not so sure about.... when that happens it scares the bejebees out of you.
when its is on cable button it functions just as before so I can revert to that if this don't work out.

Hosting Services by ipHouse