The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday September 18, 2015 at 00:50
JC1179
Long Time Member
June 2015
What he probably meant was keeping the cat circuit as a pan or lan network and not allowing wan connection. I am in the process of building a full bespoke system for av, security, surveillance, the works and on the next level and doing so I did a lot of pen testing on different protocols and mfgs. First off the kevo quickset although awesome can be bypassed in 3 seconds by someone with strong technical acumen. Of all the encryptions i have come across the funniest part of it is that it seems to be the security guys with the most bunk security protocols. I guess you can wire your cat all effed up as long as it adjoins in the correct order once you hit wan but and you can with a good router and firewall block unknown mac addys. I also don't like Zwave and find Zigbee to be a studier platform. All Zwave products i purchased lost pairing approx every 2-3 months and i have to pen test zigbee more. When building your system think about what you really need ip control over and what you don't and take it from there. I don't trust wireless protocols because the encryption levels are up to par with the tech and with ethernet over power i can build a device that is less than 2 in long x .5 wide and stick it in an outdoor outlet behind shrubs without you knowing and coming a few hours later to take it off. I know can gain total access to your system, watch you on your cams, see when you aren't home….disarm your alarm, turn off your dvrs, unlock your doors and watching you on the cams for a while i would get an idea where valuables are. My rule of thumb was nothing with IP on cams internally - if someone gets in and the goal is to not by hook or by crook, i want to know who it is so they are all hidden cams in PIRs or other areas using HIKVISION Tribred net nvr while it most likely never make it on the net unless access is restricted to a single mac address…me. i like these because you can run any cam and get really solid upscaling to 1080p, awesome features for line crossing and zoning, relay alarms, etc. Robust piece of gear.
Motors, music, movies, and muffles box. There are a few of my favorite things.Constant tinkerer. Constant thinkerer and builder of things, tweaker of others, breaker of a lot.

Hosting Services by ipHouse