The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Friday June 12, 2015 at 11:48
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Sorry this took so long, especially as I have no help to offer.

It looks like you get audio out of the Lepai amp whether you feed cellphone audio into it via its RCA jacks or its mini jacks. This assumes you have the adaptors needed to go from the phone's mini connections to mini and to stereo RCAs.

But you don't get any audio output from the Lepai when the source is the Yamaha Zone 2, whether you use RCA or mini. Again, the assumption is that you have the adaptors to go from the Yamaha's RCAs to both RCA and mini.

And, adapting from RCA to mini, the Yamaha Zone 2 output works through the computer speakers.

You've proven that the phone and the Yamaha have output, but the Yamaha's output doesn't work with the Lepai. Try a different amplifier; maybe there's something squirrely about how the Lepai handles its inputs.

When I first read this I found a Lepai amplifier online that looked unique as to how its inputs were arranged and as to what they were capable of. I don't know what to say. Try... try putting the phone signal into the mini jacks when you're feeding Zone 2 into the RCAs and see what happens? Then switch them around, phone into RCAs while you're feeding Zone 2 into the minis?

Do you have ANY other amp you can try this with? Can you borrow one?

The RX-V2095 was my favorite receiver for more years than they produced it, so I've seen a bunch of them, but I never had this problem. The only problem I remember with it was that the subwoofer output did not output bass all the time: it only output surround bass effects. Surround, you get bass. Two channel, no processing, no bass.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse