The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday June 4, 2015 at 13:36
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
...so the conversion to URC didn't happen yet....

I ran across another odd issue with Touch Screen setup yesterday. Same client, same system, when I replaced the TV yesterday and updated the RC5200.

Touch Screen Setup crashes when I click on "Set IR." The way to get new hex commands into an RC5200 is to open the file with ProntoEdit4, insert the hex command in the editor, save, then open with TSS. The bottom of the Marantz screen doesn't show up in PE4, so it's a bit awkward to do this with commands at the very bottom of the screen!

Daniel,
can you remember what it takes to replace the original factory default file with a different one? I admit I'm too lazy at the moment to research it; I'm asking with the proviso that if it takes you more than about two minutes to find it, it's not worth your time.

When you say you think the revert issue is likely to be hardware issues, do you mean a flaw in the Marantz RC5200? I ask because I've cycled perhaps ten different units through their place and they have all done the same thing.

It's definitely some kind of flaw with the remote's design. I like to imagine that some command, not well learned by the guy who was under A LOT of pressure to program it originally, has something flaky in it that catches a hook in the remote and makes it revert.

I'd love to replace the factory original with my file. I remember that to do so, the file cannot be larger than 185K, but if there are other details such as how to name the file, I don't remember them. It would be REALLY nice for the damn thing to revert to my file instead of to the Philips file!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse