The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday May 5, 2015 at 21:21
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I've got a client whose system is just peachy and has been for years except for one major hitch: his Marantz RC5200 occasionally resets itself to the Marantz program it comes with, of no use in his system. This means a bothersome, but short, service call. Most of them have been at no charge because while it's not my fault, it's surely not his.

I'm finally giving up and we're moving him to a URC remote.

I need to use the URC Universal Browser to lift some custom commands. I found when I opened the IR file to get some commands, none of the pages appeared. So I went looking through my ccf library. The pages in some files appeared, some did not. (It was always all pages showed or no pages showed.)

A bunch of time later, I've concluded that the URC Universal Browser will not show device pages if the file was last stored by the Marantz Touch Screen Setup. If the same file is opened in ProntoEdit4 as a TS1000, however, then stored, then closed, the Universal Browser shows the pages of the file.

The Marantz remote has more pixels than the Pronto, so sometimes you can't see all the commands, but saving in ProntoEdit makes the file usable by CCP. Also, FWIW, I'm using CCP Commercial.

I've put this in the URC forum, too, at [Link: remotecentral.com]
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse