The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Wednesday April 29, 2015 at 08:44
djy
RC Moderator
August 2001
Forever is available, but alas it's on Sky, which I'm stubbornly refusing to get. Hopefully It'll find it's way to disc at some point in time.

And whilst on Sky I also noticed this, which seems interesting, though Sean Bean doesn't appear to be ageing very well. Oh, and another show I'd like to give a try, but probably won't unless it comes out on disc, is this. The wife and I enjoyed the books, and also those of the Lincoln Lawyer, which brings me to Matthew McConaughey and Interstellar.

Slower paced than Inception, but a well thought out and realised story - which leads me to wonder whether the use of Mann as the name of the "villain" was deliberate or purely coincidental. A definite must see, in my opinion.

On to Simon Cowell. I'm afraid I have absolutely no interest in either him or any of his shows. Smarmy and a bit creepy, I cannot help but see him as a bit of a parasite feeding off the dreams and aspirations of showbiz wannabes. Oh, and so as to not show bias, I'm no fan of The Voice either - nor any of the relentless stream of cookery and reality shows or soaps, or just about most stuff on terrestrial TV these days, which is the reason for my turning to Netflix. I am, however, looking forward to this, which starts tomorrow evening, but then one learns that it's already be shown over your side of the pond several months ago - aarrrggghhh!

And finally another show that I probably won't see on transmission. Filming of the Merrily Watkins story "Midwinter of the Spirit" has started.

Update
Not sure if it'll make it across the water, but this looks good - like fine wine, Timothy Spall seems to get better with age. And having mentioned him...

I recently stumbled across " target="_blank">this episode of The Hollywood Reporter on Youtube. It's basically a round table discussion, chaired by Stephen Galloway, between Eddie Redmayne, Ethan Hawke, Timothy Spall, Benedict Cumberbatch, Channing Tatum and Michael Keaton. In it Timothy Spall recounts a tale of the National Theatre that had me in stitches. Start at around 30 minutes in where Eddie Redmayne is describing seeing TP in a very particular production of A Midsummer Night's Dream.

Last edited by djy on April 29, 2015 14:35.

Hosting Services by ipHouse