The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 89 made on Thursday October 9, 2014 at 21:32
26selene
Lurking Member
October 2014
Oh great remote control master... can you help?

I would really love any suggestions you may be able to provide me! I bought an "open box" Yamaha receiver, which did not come with a remote. I do not have it hooked up to a TV, as I really just want to for its surround sound- to play music. Our TV is mounted on the wall in another room. The problem is we have a variety of different speakers hooked up to it, which equate different power levels, and timing from each speakers. So I bought a calibration mic. Well I just plugged it in to discover I need a remote in order to initiate calibration. So I ordered a universal directv remote- after seeing a youtube video which provided me instructions on how to program a directv remote to a recevier without needing the tv controls. But, to my MASSIVE disappointment, it did not work. So, here I am again with an out of box receiver which sounds crappy, a calibration mic I cannot use, and a directv remote even thought I do not have directv service. Arg.

Any chance you might happen to have any suggestions? I tried some of your suggestions on the various threads, but I am not able to program the remote though the TV, so I have not had any luck programming the remote to code.

I do not see any recent threads, so I know this is definitely a shot in the dark... or maybe this is outside or your preview... But it's worth a shot.

Yamaha receiver model V-575

DIRECTV RC66 Universal IR Remote Control - D,R,H/HR20-23

You have been called a remote master...and a guru... Can you help?

Thanks for reading!

Selene
Selene Elkins

Hosting Services by ipHouse