The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Tuesday June 3, 2014 at 10:42
Bongoking
Lurking Member
June 2014
The reviews on Amazon are extremely positive, and I would like to add to it. I've been using the L5 remote for 3 years with an abandoned itouch media player. Designing layouts for my own remotes was straightforward and extremely flexible. The layouts are backed up and saved to the cloud in case of problems. The unit updates firmware whenever necessary on restarting it. Macros are entirely possible and wide ranges and extents can be done: I've got a macro that turns on 3 units, and hits an IR HDMI switcher to setup my WDTV box. The only one that does not work well is the volume control for my Denon, which is controlled fine from the IR on my Comcast remote but is very touchy on the L5. The L5 is a learning remote and has had no problems learning codes from Samsung, Denon, WD, KGLinks and miscellaneous devices. It has proven to be durable and reliable over 3 years of steady use. It does require unplugging it occasionally so that the unit can be plugged in to be charged, but I've got a charger stand on my TV table and I just let it sit overnight, then the next even unplug it and put in the L5 and it's good for 3-5 days. It doesn't draw much power. Although it's backed up to the cloud automatically I've not found a way to program the remote online or on the computer. I highly endorse it if you've got a spare iphone, itouch, etc. It works on gen4 and up at least.

Hosting Services by ipHouse