The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday May 19, 2014 at 21:13
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
There's a ccf that I want to make into the "revert to" file. It's 192 kB and the "revert to" file can only be 184 kB.

Just what is it that takes up room in a ccf?

This ccf almost universally uses artwork buttons in the ProntoEdit4 software.

There are a couple of old components, no longer used, still in the file, so those must go away.

It controls a bedroom system where either a TV slides out and rotates, or a screen comes down for projector use and the TV is rotated and backed up. That and screen drop are controlled by a Xantech CC62. Sources are CD, DVD, Satellite; Zone 2 gets audio and has its own IR sensor for operation from that room.

What would be a strategy to lower the size of the file while keeping the same functions?

This is the same system that's been bugging us for years because it reverts from time to time with no apparent reason. Importing the file into an RC5400 seems to have solved the problem; whatever hair-ass-trigger thing is going on in the 5200 doesn't happen in the 5400. But then the screen died and I haven't gotten to even trying to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

edit May 19 6 PM:
Oh, yes, another thing: I NEVER learn commands to buttons. I always learn commands to one or two panels with a simple rectangle for each label, then I alias to those commands. For everything. So each component has usually two panels with commands, then all artwork panels have buttons linked to commands or having macros consisting of all aliases.

edit May 19 11:40 PM:
On the other hand, now that I've removed the VCR from the file, it's only 185 kB. Cool.

Last edited by Ernie Gilman on May 20, 2014 02:41.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse