The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday January 25, 2014 at 16:23
bspachman
Founding Member
May 2002
Thought a follow-up to this thread might be warranted...

I'm still limping along with a classic Marantz 5200 and needed to add a new piece of equipment to it. Tonto has long been my CCF editor of choice on my Macintosh, but I hadn't used it probably since 2009. I had some issues getting it going on 10.9.1, but was ultimately successful!

None of the stand-alone versions of Tonto function any longer since they require the ability to run PPC code (or the Rosetta environment).

I had an old java web start version, but it was pointing at Stewart's old domain (giantlaser.com).

It finally dawned on me to search here, and this thread's information seems to still be accurate. Using the method above worked fine once I re-downloaded the jnlp from Stewart's current site.

The main "gotcha" I ran into is that Tonto does not appear to like Java7 (1.7). With Java7 as my default installation, the jnlp never gave me the option to save the Tonto application, so I couldn't force it to run as 32-bit. (I believe Java7 is 64-bit only anyway....)

I found the following document on Apple's site: [Link: support.apple.com] that helped me get Java6 going again.

Hope this quick note helps someone else!

brad

Hosting Services by ipHouse