The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday December 11, 2013 at 16:51
agdodge4x4
Long Time Member
November 2013
No one needs a professional to program a freakin' remote. OK, maybe some do. The only difference between a pro and an end user for ProControl is the fact that an end user cannot get software. I opted to go with a URC remote. Their product is built beefier, their software is available, and I don't have to rely on some 'dude' that may or may not be installing AV equipment when it comes time for me to upgrade my equipment or that will try to double dip me for programming costs.

Im grateful to the posts here that pointed me to the URC remote and program. It IS a little bit complex, but in reality, its not. Its pretty simple and laid out pretty well. It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to make my remote an 'all in one remote', and I am currently building macros and test statements to make it do what I want. Its taken about 4 hours to get a reasonable handle on the software. I still have a few things that I don't quite understand, but this site has pointed me in the right direction and freed me from being tethered to anyone but myself for my media area. Its awesome!

Hosting Services by ipHouse