Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Monday December 9, 2013 at 09:09
elannut
Long Time Member
February 2010
Reviving old thread

Does anyone know where I can get a Murata induction coil. I searched all over. Do not want to buy 100 of them. As an aside is there a place where I can buy battery door for the rc5000, my old one has a broken clip.

On January 22, 2004 at 04:14, eggz said...
Hi Folks,

For those with T1000/T2000/RC5000 models, one of the most common problems when your remote is dropped is for the L1 inductor to break and this causes the backlit to stop working. It happend to me a couple of weeks ago and being in Singapore, it was difficult to source for a new replacement Samsung screen. I was forced to try and replace the L1 inductor instead.

After a lot of digging around the net, finally found out that the L1 inductor is a Murata LQH4N561K04, this is a 560uH inductor with DC resistance < 14.5ohms.

Being a surface mount inductor, it is also hard to find as most suppliers would want your to buy them in the thousands.

The good news is that you can get a regular indctor from electronic shops, and solder it to where the surface mount Murata had broken off. As long as the inductance is 560uH.

eugene
BK

Hosting Services by ipHouse