The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday December 1, 2013 at 16:43
agdodge4x4
Long Time Member
November 2013
I didnt mean to go off on installers. Its just that my experience with them is that 60% of them I spoke to seemed like nothing more than weekend hobbyists and unreliable at that. Only a few were what I would consider pros. Of course this is MY experience, not a blanket comment. So, sorry about that.

I don't like the idea of being hogtied to a 'professional installer' for remotes because I change equipment and upgrade and tweak regularly. If I can't obtain the software from somewhere or find an installer to pass it along, then Ill just mark it defective and return it so I don't have to pay restocking fees and get the Logitech Harmony Ultimate. That is probably for the best. Logitech has been doing this a while and I know they will be in business with direct support for me, the end user. Plus, its far more cost effective which is good, because honestly, in the end, its simply a remote to turn on some equipment.

It looks like Pro Control is designed only lightly for 'controlling a few items' and designed mostly for controlling everything else in some complicated manner, which is going to be absolutely useless for my application anyway since its a very simple and basic install.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited by agdodge4x4 on December 1, 2013 18:26.

Hosting Services by ipHouse