The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday August 27, 2013 at 22:41
joshie860
Lurking Member
August 2013
I spent hours on the phone with Apple-- they have not been able to help me.. So i'm going to try this..

I use an HDMI Pocket Projector from Brookstones with my PS3-- and it works GREAT!! 70" + Projection on my wall and looks/ sounds AMAZING with Computer speakers 3.5mm plugged into the Projector.. I use an HDMI cable with translates both AUDIO and VIDEO perfectly for this.

Here is my problem:

I just bought an Apple TV and I tried plugging in my Apple TV to the Pocket Projector with the HDMI cable-- the picture looks great-- BUT there is no sound! So the guy from Apple Care told me to buy a Sound Bar with an Optical Audio Port-- So I bought a Sony Sound Bar with Subwoofer - Black (HTCT60) and tried plugging the Optical Audio cable into my Apple TV-- I only get sound effects through these speakers-- it does not pick up the VIDEO sound at all.

FYI: The HDMI Pocket Projector has an HDMI Port and a 3.5mm port and a USB SV Out Port.

Is there a special type of HDMI cable I can buy that will be compatible with my Projector and my Apple TV? Someone said something about DM? I'm kind of illiterate with this stuff so please break it down easily for me..

Hosting Services by ipHouse