Your Universal Remote Control Center
Complete Control by URC Forum - View Post
Up level
Up level
The following page was printed from


Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday August 18, 2013 at 18:21
Lurking Member
August 2013
I am having a similar problem, but the fix above did nothing. I've tried resetting the remote from the remote to factory settings. Tried resetting the remote to defaults via download.

Have updated the firmware & database repeatedly. Downloaded the MX-450 archiver repeatedly. Everything I've done does not repair the garbled text throughout the remote. It worked wonderfully until I just tried to do a firmware and database update.

Even tried on a totally different machine running Windows 7 instead of 8, but it did nothing.

At this point, I'd be OK, (though miserable) with doing a complete reprogramming of the whole remote, but I can't even get the factory default reset to display correctly, so would be impossible to re-program the whole remote.

At my wit's end. Concerned that I may have somehow bricked it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse