Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday July 15, 2013 at 23:21
OneRemote
Long Time Member
May 2013
Hi guys,

I have a URC MX-890 that I am using in my main room for all of my gear. I also have an HTPC in the same room which I am attempting to control via my URC remote.

What I am currently doing is the following:

I bought this remote (Amazon Link) and then taught the buttons to my MX-890 as on-screen buttons. The issue is that this remote isn't actually an RC6 remote and it is sending keyboard presses rather than "remote" commands and therefore Eventghost doesn't pick it up as a regular remote. 

I am currently using AutoHotKey on the HTPC to pickup the commands from this remote and then do what I would like but the issue is that there are only a few buttons on the remote which I can teach to my URC remote for more complicated things that I'd like done on the PC.

Is there a better solution for this? Ideally I would like to be able to create a lot of on-screen buttons on my URC remote to do complex tasks on the computer. Like being able to program a button on my remote to send something like CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+5 or something which does a specific command. Or being able to program a key to send the letter 'S' so that I can toggle subtitles on or off while watching something through Plex. Using AutoHotKey on the PC side, I feel like this would really be the ideal setup.

Which remote do I need to buy to accomplish this? Or is this not possible? Hoping some of the pros on here know how to proceed.

Thank you!

Hosting Services by ipHouse