The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday November 19, 2012 at 01:12
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
This is how i have decided to do lights. FYI this is still a work in progress. Its a large house with a lot of rooms and it had to have floor plan view.

I decided to make the LIGHTS button in the navigation bar bring up a popup that shows controls for the currently selected room.

So lets say you are in the theater and your touchpanel room selection is set to Theater. When you press Lights you will see the page below and the controls will be for the theater. Simple ON OFF. Global Scenes. Individual load control. And a big red button that takes you to the floor plan selection menu.

This is the floor plan selection menu. You can choose a room/building/area. Room Names are buttons. If there is a yellow rectangle it means the room has a light on.

Room names are ON-OFF toggles when pressed. This lets you quickly shut off or light up areas around the home/property.

Room names when pressed+held will bring up the original room control menu for the area you pressed+held. For example if you press hold the 3rd floor Theater button the room control popup menu appears with simple ON Off/Global Scenes/Load controls.

Every room on every floor plan has its own "Individual Room Control" menu. There is really only 1 sub page in the vtpro file. The rest is done with SIMPL.

Because of the size of the house i couldn't use nice light bulb icons so i had to opt for yellow rectangles. There are no other lighting controls on the touchpanel anywhere. No quick keys or thumb menus. If the client wants to control lights they have to press the lights button on the navigation menu.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse