Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Sunday November 18, 2012 at 18:48
sofa_king_CI
June 2009
@Stamp...or anyone...this has come back up. With my current GUI there is room selection in the "Rooms" list for every AV room and a Global Option for party modes, etc. When a room is selected, the source/activity options for that room show up, included in that list is Lighting. 

I have a control thumb bar that has master raise/lower for ALL lights in the selected room, directly below the volume. I think this will be used 95% of the time. 

So having the LIGHTS option as an activity for that room made sense to me at first but isn't so much now because I then have to include in the Master ROOMS list EVERY single room that has lighting. 

So now I'm thinking that I NEED to have a "LIGHTS" Tab key or hot key that is present ALWAYS. Pressing it will take the user to a MAIN LIGHTS page that will have the list of rooms included in lighting. I think having a separate rooms list for lighting makes sense because rarely will they be invidually controlled from the interface and so it doesn't make sense to cludge up that AV rooms list that will be used all the time. 

So i'm really leaning toward something like what Stamp has done where it shows all the rooms, and you can quickly toggle any room on/off and press+hold will popup load control for that room. Now time to work ;-)
do wino hue?

Hosting Services by ipHouse